Friday, December 4, 2009

LAST BLOG EVER!

Soooo, last blog reflection ever! I attempted writing this blog last night, and I drew a blank. I thought I would try to reflect on the semester as a whole, but then I realized that I had already sort of done that in my last two reflections. So I was drawing a complete blank last night and still would be today as to what to reflect on until my mom sent me a text message this morning.

One of my dad's closest friends found out five weeks ago that he had esophageal and pancreatic cancer. Unfortunately, I found out this morning from my mom that he passed away this past Tuesday. Now I had only met him like three times because him and his family lived so far away, but it really made me think about my life. The past few deaths of people close to my family or me have all been pretty old, so it was weird to have someone my parents’ age in their fifties die.

It made me think if one of my parents’ died. What would I do if I wasn’t able to talk to/go to my rational thinking mom or goofy carefree dad? I honestly have no clue. I could honestly never imagine being where I am in my life now and all of a sudden not having one of my parents anymore. When I go home in a week(!!!!!!!!), I think it may be one of the times when I am most appreciative of my parents. Not that I like take advantage of my parents at all- I just feel like they are one of the things in my life that I think will always be there, or at least until I am much older, and so it is not the biggest moment in my life to see them. Although I’ve probably said this about five hundred times in this blog already, I really don’t know what would happen if they all of a sudden weren’t there, and I guess you truly “don’t know what you got till it’s gone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment