Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Response 13: I belong with the rich and famous... theatre geeks?

What community would I want to join? The community of the rich and famous! DUH! Who wouldn't wanna be r&f? I know in class we were talking about top money-making CEOs and how they may not be truly happy, but hey, money makes the world go round! In all seriousness, Being rich and famous is kind of a life goal for me. I wanna be COMFORTABLE; I don't want to live paycheck-to-paycheck or be in serious debt. But I SERIOUSLY want to be famous. I have this fear of death, like most people, which basically culminates into a fear of being forgotten. So in order not to be forgotten, I need to be in the history books. I could be a famous movie star, cure cancer, whatever. I just want to be famous so that people still know me and know my name. I generally like attention, and that doesn't stop when I die. xD

Besides from that, it's always been a dream of mine to join the community of professional entertainers. Acting, singing, and dancing have always been my passions, but I value having a stable career over possible homelessness. But it would still be amazing to be apart of that community. And it truly is a community. Have you ever met theatre people? They are the most fun, energetic people on the planet. And I LOVE THEM! Since coming to AU, I've realized that some of my favorite people here are part of the performing arts program. To be surrounded by my theatre homies all the time, and to be able to put my stuff out there on the stage every night, that would be a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment