Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reflection -- Antigone

When trying to think about what to reflect about this week, I had some difficulties because lets just say Greek Tragedies aren't my thing. Anyways, I was thinking back to our "trial" in class and I remember I wasn't surprised that the group defending Antigone went with the insanity plea. I'm not saying it was wrong because if I was in their group I would have went with that defense too because that is what the text suggests. However, I feel like nowadays everyone uses that reason as a cop-out excuse. Though I know shows like Law and Order and CSI aren't true representations of reality, that's what I'm basing my knowledge of court cases on haha. It seems as if whenever the defense has no good evidence, insanity is their plea. This insanity plea because of current emotional conditions and incest has a little bit of validity I suppose, but people should just start taking responsibility for their actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment