Sunday, November 22, 2009

Reflection

This weekend has been pretty eventful- I attended my formal for the community service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which was on a boat!, went to the Three Six Mafia concert, left the concert early to see New Moon (which was fabulous by the way), and I finally got my ears pierced! However, I want to talk about the semester as a whole so far.

Although everyone feels the same, I truly cannot believe that we have already been here for three months! Time has really flown by. Once we get back from Thanksgiving break, there's only like two weeks before we go home for Winter Break!

I'm really looking forward to next semester. Everyone has told me, "In college you'll get to pick all the classes you want! You'll have awesome classes!" Honestly, every class I'm taking this semester with the exception of two, I had to take in order to fill my requirements. And I am happy to say that I have much more options for next semester.
I have learned a bit as to what I do not want to do anymore. I came to American wanting "to change the world" with an optimistic attitude. I am completely changed in my mind now though. There are so many problems and issues with international relations, and I honestly think I would go crazy if I worked in a job where nothing really worked. That's another reason why I'm really looking forward to next semester- when I went to my advisor in a panic, we worked out a system where I will look at the different majors available here and inquire about any of the ones I show an interest in.

So, all in all, I'm so stoked for next semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment