Thursday, September 3, 2009

From Home

I think that the item I brought from home which tells the most about me is a certain snack food, a package a chocolate Newman-O's. While some might say that these are merely Oreo knockoffs, they are actually way more delicious than Oreos could ever be, and buying from Newman's Own helps support good causes. That, however, is not the reason that the food identifies something about me.

When I packed for college, I purposely brought as few sentimental objects as possible, both because I am unfortunately not a very sentimental person and because I felt that I wanted college to be a completely new experience, with a completely blank slate. However, before I left, I knew I had to bring my favorite snack from home, even though there are probably stores that sell them here. So, even I tough, rugged sexy Ben, needed some comforting item to help me through the first days of college. Because that's how long the package lasted, like three days. My roommates were not quite aware of my realization when I asked them what they thought of my item. They both said something along the lines of, you like to eat, and you like chocolate. These things are true, but they are not the reason why I picked my package of Newman-O's as my object from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment