Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Zhou Mi is SOOO the hottest...

The most prominent item I contributed to my dorm room is the large poster hanging above my desk. It's the only old thing I brought from home; most other things I bought new just for my college experience. It's an official poster from a Mandarin Chinese boy band, Super Junior-M, a branch of the 13-member Korean pop craze Super Junior. It used to hang on the wall above my bed, and its the only real poster I have (Asian boy band posters are EXPENSIVE ), so I brought it along to remind me of my comfy room back in Jersey. The poster represents my interest in East Asian culture and broad taste in music. The adoration of Asian pop stars is a sort of rare thing when you consider broad American culture, so I suppose the poster represents my unique and quirky side. So basically, I like Asian stuff and I'm not afraid to show it. ^_^

I asked my wonderful roomie, Aline, about what identity my poster portrays. She proclaimed that it said I was Asian, obviously, and that I'm ecclectic. She said it also shows that I don't follow the norms because Asian pop music is a different "genre" of music that not a lot of people listen to. I also asked Gina what she thought of it. She said it showed my international interest and openess to different things. I think both are very accurate assessments and go along with my own view of it. So I guess my poster is performing properly? lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment