Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reflection 7

One of the things that I vividly remember from Mary Hanson's presentation on Friday was that she sat down and talked to us in the beginning of her speaking instead of standing in front of the class. I liked that; it made the atmosphere somewhat more relaxed. However, I must admit that I kind of lost interest when she started teaching economics. I never took economics in high school, so when she started explaining a certain aspect of economics that someone had asked about, it went right over my head. I also feel the same way that a lot of my other classmates do about her advice- it is a great idea to explore all of your options but with all the money that our parents are paying, I couldn't imagine telling them I was spending a fifth year here because I was too busy trying out other courses to take classes pertaining to my major.

2 comments:

  1. as much as i agree with you about telling my parents i might need an extra year, don't you think that it would be a lot more wasteful (in money and lifetime spent) to end up in a major you decided on early but decided that you didnt like, or that you liked something else better, leading you to a lifetime of regret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see where you're getting at, but regret or not, spending a 5th year here is unrealistic for many people if you look at it financially. I don't think its really possible to take as many random classes as Mary Hansen made it seem like we should, but I think some exploring is certainly possible.

    ReplyDelete